Have you checked out my Etsy shop lately? Be sure to use the code FANCLUB to get 25% off your hair flower purchase! Shop HERE!
Check out what I made today! All you need is an old container. Really, any kind of plastic bottle will work. I chose a detergent bottle because it was the perfect size to hold my phone and cord, and went far enough out so that the charger didn’t get in the way. I think it’s the perfect size for most smart phones.
Peel off the wrapper. It isn’t glued on, so this should take about 2 seconds.
Line your phone up on the back, and lightly mark where the top sits with pencil.
Measure about 2.5 inches above that and mark again. This should be close to the very top. Using this mark as a guide, draw the shape you want it to be. I chose to add a slight dip to the front to make it easier to take my phone in and out. On the back be sure to add enough space for the charger to get through to the outlet.
Use a sharp blade of your choice to carefully pierce the thick plastic. Grab your sharpest scissors and carefully cut along the lines. Repeat to make the outlet hole. This is the hardest part!
Viola! You’re all done. Leave as is, paint it, add stickers, do whatever you want!
Just a note: My phone fits perfectly in this but since I needed to use it to take the picture, you’ll just have to take my word on it. Good luck!
I just put together these adorable vintage-y nautical business cards. Aren’t they adorable? You can get them online through Zazzle, and while you’re there you should check out some of the other stuff in my shop. Everything is entirely customizable, and Zazzle always provides such crisp and clear printing. Use them for business or personal use, and today they’re 13% off.
I just got the Versatile Blogger Award, and I must thank Beauty and the Best of The Rest for nominating me. If you haven’t already, you must check out her blog because it is fabby, and full of great beauty and trend ideas.
The rules for this award are very simple.
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Award to 15 or more bloggers.
You can read more about the award here
So, without further ado, here are seven things about me!
1. Pizza and sandwiches are my favorite foods. I love to cook and try different exotic foods from all over the place, but when it really comes down to it, these are the two things that I never get tired of. Give me a Subway sandwich, or a barbecue chicken pizza any day of the week!
2. I never really actually paint my nails. If I was the one reading this, I would be surprised since I constantly post about different manicures and such, but those are really just beautiful eye candy to me. I love to craft more than I love having pretty nails, and when they’re too long they just get in my way and I can’t have that. I’ve also spent a good portion of my life working with food, and you’re generally not allowed to wear nail polish when you’re cooking (in case some flakes off) and that’s pretty much what killed my nail painting habits.
3. I love to daydream about things that I will never actually do. I think that being a secret agent is my favorite fantasy, and I sometimes get lost daydreaming about dangerous, secret adventures. The truth is that I don’t even know how to shoot a gun.
4. I love fairy tales, but dislike most modern fantasy and can’t stomach most fantasy based/sci-fi movies. If it includes dragons and fairies, then that usually just kills it for me. I love Grimm’s fairy tales, Hans Christian Andersen, Lewis Carroll, JRR Tolkein, etc. My favorite modern fantasy is the Harry Potter series, and The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. My favorite mythological creature is the Mermaid and I have a special fondness for creatures of the sea, including squids, octopi, whales, seahorses, starfish, etc.
5. I love things that are tiny. Especially if they are incredibly detailed. Look at the photo above, that little feast is made of polymer clay, and is barely larger than a penny. I can craft most things that I come across without much difficulty, but I’m horrible at working with clay and when I see things like this I think that they may as well have been made with magic. The photo links to more tiny pieces of art.
6. I want a little piggy more than anything. They are some of the smartest creatures alive, ranking just below primates and whales and such, they are incredibly clean and hypoallergenic, and can be taught to use a litter box. The ones that are bred to be pets are so soft, and social and cute. The only thing I don’t love about these little guys is their price…I can’t help but think of all the wonderful things I could buy for $1,000. Including my rent.
7. I love to travel, especially on road trips. There’s just something about the open road, taking you places that you’ve never been before and showing you things you’ve never seen. There are adventures to be had, and I want to have them all!
Okay, so there are your bits of trivia about me. Now for the shout-outs! These blogs are some of my favorites, they have inspired, motivated, and intrigued me. And they are also written by some of the sweetest people!
Beauty and The Best Of The Rest I know I already mentioned this blog since she was the one to nominate me, but since she is so versatile and writes such fab posts that I have to nominate her as well. Check her blog out!
Sparkly, Sharp, And Fabulous The name says it all. She offers excellent manicure tutorials and inspiration, as well as sets available for sale in her etsy shop.
Gypsy’s Melting Pot Okay, so this one is actually a facebook page, but it’s amazing. Like them for amazing, easy recipes and entertaining ideas, tutorials, and great ideas and inspiration. They are definitely a favorite.
I Am Baker This is one dedicated blogger. Not only is she a mommy and a baker, but she actually takes the time to blog about her fabulous treats and provide tutorials. Visit this blog for a huge array of goodies and instructions for making them.
I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar! Cheri from I Am Momma blogs about her kids, ideas, and inspirations. You can find everything from hair tutorials to crafty awesomness to unique decor ideas, and somehow she manages to create most of it herself. She’s so talented and creative, and I would LOVE to have a stitch n bitch with her.
Centsational Girl This blog is jaw-droppingly inspirational. Kate is one of the most talented DIYers that I’ve ever seen. She buys thrift store furniture that looks totally hopeless, and walks you through the process of transforming them into designer masterpieces.
Inspired Mama Designs creates artwork and gifts and blogs about her designs and life in general. Be sure to like her facebook page for an opportunity to win random giveaways!
Ellinee This is a great blog that provides free printable stationary and templates for making gorgeous paper crafts ideal for your wedding, baby shower, or any party. They have some incredibly awesome stuff that’s totally worth checking out.
MisfitPUGG Jezabel writes about her adventures with her rescue pug, Stitch and provides a huge variety of apparel and accessories that are pug inspired. Hit up her facebook page for all of her puggy goodness.
The Anti-Craft is pretty much what it sounds like. They provide a huge variety of alternative style crafts, presented in different themes and inspired by everything from pagan rituals to pubic wigs. Check out their archives for all different sorts of crafts.
Farm Diva blogs about all things country, from farm-inspired DIY projects to comfort food recipes, to rustic decor, she covers it all.
Put On Your Big Girl Panties This lovely lady has a love for all things vintage and sassy, and won’t hesitate to tell you suck it up and laugh in the face of your adversities. We could all take a lesson from her.
Homemaking Fun This is a great blog for play date ideas, she comes up with some of the most creative ideas for entertaining groups of children and organizing different themed parties for little ones.
The “Almost” Attorney is one of my dear friends who writes about her impending legal career, exercise routines, and life in general.
Busty Girl Comics This one is exactly what it sounds like. Comics about the lives and everyday hardships of busty ladies.
Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons This blog has some of the most creative food ideas that I’ve ever seen, and I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her brilliant April Fools day food ideas. Check this one out immediately. Bacon cookies? Macaroni and cheese made from candy? The genius never stops.
G Rated gathers up the most brilliant ideas and inspiring product and present them all to you. Follow their blog for awesome DIY ideas, simple recipes, fashion, crafts, and decor.
Whew, I guess that just about covers it! Thank you once again to Beauty and The Best Of The Rest for her sweet thoughtfulness. Much love!